Unrequited Loss

I’m feeling loss. It’s from unrequited love. I was a fool. I fell for an unavailable man. I fell hard. Like off the moon hard.
I know why- because I saw myself in his soul. I saw my mate. But I instantly saw he did not feel the same for me. And I still ignored it. I still see it every day. I’m a distraction. I’m making him feel desired — but he really doesn’t give a love- he just desired. I have to minute by minute remind myself that It’s just lust not love for him.
Lust is intoxicating at first, but it has spun me around until I end up on the floor, completely disoriented and unable to function.
Just as fear is mistaken for love, so is lust. Lust distracts me from life. Love encourages me to live.
Love is the stolen kiss that I still feel standing in the produce aisle of the grocery store.
Love is love when there is no question of its existence and its loyalty. It was there, it is there, it will always be there. Just like the ocean, it ebbs and flows but is always there.
I don’t have this. I only have lose and yearning. But it feels like love.

No comments:

Post a Comment